Monday, May 20, 2019

I want my coffee NOW!

Hello my friends at Rise Up Lubbock,
This morning was exceptionally crazy! Every morning I get up and do the same things getting ready for my day.  It's brush those teeth and scrub that face, not to mention all the things I end up doing for the family. My son wants me to do that thing and my wife calls down the hall saying she forgot something in the kitchen could I bring it to her please… and when I finely finish I turn to pour myself a cup of coffee, but I forgot to make it. The pot is cold and empty. There is a sudden feeling of exasperation! I spent all that time getting around, doing for others, and I forgot to put on the coffee… I want my coffee, NOW. I become impatient over the silliest things. You know I think that is true about my prayers too. I pray and I want to see immediate results.
Yes, we want to have instant answers. You know, like the coffee I’ll make this morning … Instant. But, most of the time God doesn’t do His work instantly. It takes patience to see the hand of God working, moving the pieces together until His plan is perfect. I hear the sounds of impatience around me more and more every day.
Our culture is teaching us to be impatient, and along with the impatience - selfishness. To me this seems true, especially for our children who are true students of this generation’s culture. I hear the words from so many, Mommy I’m bored… There’s nothing to do, and… This is so boring. In the Bible we see how God created great men. He made a great man out of Abraham – who even left his wife in Egypt because he was afraid his God wouldn’t work in his behalf. Abraham failed on so many occasions and God said he was faithful. His final triumph could not have been accomplished by a forty year old Abram. It could have only been accomplished by the one hundred and fifteen year old Monarch. 
David became a man after God’s own heart – he planned and executed a man’s murder all because he wanted the man’s wife. He repented, God restored him, and it didn’t take a hundred years to do it. What this generation doesn’t get is that many times God turns our sorrow into joy, failure into success, a sinner into a saint by means of relationship. Relationship with God isn’t an instant thing. It requires effort and persistence… something that will never be obtained by the wimpy cry, I’m bored.     
Dan-Dwayne

No comments:

Post a Comment