Thursday, May 2, 2019

It's always more pleasant to share my coffee time with a friend

Dear Friends at Rise Up Lubbock,
No matter how much I may like my coffee it is always more pleasant to share my coffee time with a friend. I mean who wants to go to a coffee shop alone… coffee is much better with conversation (and maybe a scone or two.) Imagine setting there looking at the other people sitting at their tables sharing friendship over their coffee and you set with only your cup to keep you company. So many times I’ve been in just that environment when one of my fellow coffee enthusiasts strikes up a conversation with me. I may be sitting alone but because I’m in the company of friends – I’m not by myself. It’s the same for our Christian walk. Wouldn’t it be sad if we had to go through all of life’s tragedies, disappointments, and troubles alone! Like me in the coffee shop it may appear we Christians are alone, but we have a friend that sticks closer than a brother. So when you can’t get someone to share your coffee time, just remember that you’re are not really alone. Yes, ever since you accepted Christ into your heart and declared your faith… Well, since that day you have never really walked alone. You may have chosen to ignore His presence, but He will never leave you… ever!
Dan-Dwayne

No comments:

Post a Comment