Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Looking forward to my morning coffee with great expectation.

Hello friends at Rise Up Lubbock,
This morning was still dark and I was just getting around… I was really looking forward to my coffee this morning. It had been a while since I had a cup and I found myself really thirsty for it. I popped a K-cup into my new coffee maker and the aroma of the almond mocha was fabulous. I could hardly wait for it to finish brewing. As Christians we can be exactly like that when it come to God and his grace. You may find yourself, as I so often have, in one of those dry spells where work and the pressures of life have become so overwhelming that I forget to pray. I don’t intentionally disconnect from my source of strength, but life happens and I look back on my day (or days) and see that I haven’t made time for God in my life. It has been too long time since I’ve felt His touch on my life, and I remember the feeling, the surety, that I’m not on my own, but that my Lord is walking near me. I instantly long for His visitation, His spiritual touch, and his restoration in my life. Maybe you have had those very feelings too. The grace of God is marvelously refreshing, and today my cup is stirred up on the topic of grace. These thoughts are something to share over coffee with my friends, and, maybe you too can share it with someone else who is looking for a little grace.
Dan-Dwayne

No comments:

Post a Comment